Monday, August 10, 2009

Biggest Scare of my life...




So this entire week ever since arriving here, I have been getting up from bed around 11 00am. The gives me enough time to do what I need to and be at school at 1 00pm. So this morning I woke up a bit early around 10 00am and could hear this weird buzzing sound. I realised that my intercom was being buzzed. Now who would want to buzz me?
When I picked up, he spoke in Korean, and I just said, “ENGLISH”? He said “Aircon”..And he said the name of my school so I quickly put on some decent clothes and began to open the door. There are 3 lock attachments on my door (I will attach a picture below). As I tried to open the door, I realised I couldn’t. Somehow it was stuck. Panic then started to set in. I tried with everything I had but the door wouldn’t budge. It began to feel as though my chest was closing in and I wanted to scream.
I then realised I didn’t even know the Korean name of my teacher, I only know my principal by her English name, as they all have English and Korean names. I opened the mesh covering on my window and told him via sign Language to phone my school. I then realised my principal had sent him to sort my aircon out because he said the name of my school, which for the purposes of this blog I will not mention the name because if someone had to Google the school name. This blog would come up on their Google search, and we wouldn’t want that now, would we???
Anyway he tried calling the offices, but then He signalled to me that the offices were closed so no luck.
At that moment I started swearing myself and the principal for me not asking her phone number and for her not having the decency to give her number to me. And I was even more pissed at that fact that I didn’t even have internet access yet so I was like basically stuck. Eventually through the window the kind Korean man was able to show me what I need to do on the lock. Apparently there was a security feature not he lock that I had mistakenly pulled so that it wouldn’t be opened. After sorting that out he came inside and sorted out my aircon, which I didn’t even know was troubling me.
I know you probably sitting there thinking, what is she going on about. But for that moment, it was the biggest shock of my life. I really thought I’d be stuck here. I actually felt the walls were closing in on me. Laugh all you want, but you try living in a foreign place alone and not having the best and most helpful principal. Lets how you would react. Anyway gotta run. Need to get ready for school. Pictures of the lock to follow....Till next time..
XOXO..CJ..

No comments:

Post a Comment