Friday, August 7, 2009

God's little angels

So I got to work today and was all prepped up to confront my director about a few issues. When I spoke to her about my internet connection (When I decided to connect wirelessly at home, it asks for a password), she tells me, “Cassandra, it is already set up. It has been from the 1st day you arrived here. I was like WTF, are you like kidding me?? SO I told her about the password thing, and she said she’d get back to me. I kinda figured that was not going to happen today. There were also a few other things I needed, but when I asked her, I didn’t get much help.
Just yesterday one of my Facebook friends I should go to a 7/11 (American store for those of you who don’t know) and buy a 10000 Won(roughly $10) international calling card. The cards can be used on a pay phone or landline or cell phone. The only problem is, because I don’t have cell phone as yet, I cant seem to find a pay phone anywhere. I don’t know what I expected of the principal, but a little understanding would have been great. When I asked her about this little issue of finding a payphone, cos like it’s been 3 days and I haven’t spoken to my parents yet, she directs me to a payphone which is like way outta my way. Here’s to me being understanding and thinking tha she’d allow me to use the office line..
Anyway I was on my last class at about 7 15pm, almost working out, when I saw this familiar face sitting in the principal’s office. I realised then that it was my Facebook friend, Anneshia. She had been reading the blogs and facebook posts of me being way sad and totally homesick and hating it here, that she decided to ask someone for directions to my school and come surprise me. I really couldn’t believe my eyes. I was so ecstatic. I then thought because I had finished class early, my principal would understand and let me go early, only to find out that was wrong. Even tho I had no class for an hour or so, I had to wait around till official finishing time of 8 30pm. Soon as it arrived, Anneshia and I left school and she decided to show me around. Turns out we live not too far from each other. She lives very close to my school and closer to the subway station than I do. Her apartment is so awesome. I keep telling her to be grateful for what she has. She treated me to dinner, my 1st official one since getting here. It was KFC, and yet the best ever since I remember eating KFC. She then took me back to her apartment and let me use her internet access and her cell phone so I could call mum. After leaving her apartment, she told me she is away this weekend so if I want, I am more than welcome to stay over at her place cos she’s hooked with cable tv and internet. As I walked back to my place, I thanked God for allowing me to meet someone as amazing as Anneshia. I am so glad to have met her and her gestures today, are something I will never ever forget. Love you girl....

1 comment:

  1. Awesome story, Cassandra. Thanks for taking the time to share it. Just at the moment when we think we've been abandoned by God and have to put up with Pharaoh's petty dictates forever, God delivers directly to our deepest need -- and with greater abundance than we could ever have hoped for. May He continue to show you why He needs you there!!

    ReplyDelete