Monday, August 31, 2009

Finally settling in..

This will not be the usual long ol' blog post. This is just a quick update to let you all know that I am ok, well emotionally at least. My health would beg to differ..Over the past week or so I have been really ill with a toothache. Not just any toothache per se, but the WISDOM tooth. It needs to be extracted but because I just started work, like only a month or so, I cant afford to take time off work. So I just got some prescription meds and taking those for a while..


apart from the toothache, all is well. Im settling in much better than when I first got here. I find something to love about this experience each and every day. Well I try to at least :-)


School is great. Im surprised at how good a teacher I am :-) And that is just me having an ego, but the students have been telling my boss great things about me..Hearing things like makes me feel so good and appreciated. Like Im worth something and my days o feeling homesick etc are not going in vain..The kids are amazing. I know I keep saying that, but they are..I have been able to connect with ALMOST all of my students ona personal level, but there are 1 or 2 who are tough nuts to crack..But with time, i'll get there...


Church is great. every week that I attend, I meet more and more wonderful people and new friends...even the kids at church are adorable..There is a picture of them attached at the bottom..


This week is PAYDAY. My 1st one since I got here, so as you can imagine, Im elated, and over the moon...


Anyway will write later this week. I celebrate a milestone later this week and I promise to write about it..


Whichever part of the world you are reading this, I hope all is well with you and yours..

Hugs..Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment